Welcome to SJProofreading – Proofreading Services.
I offer proofreading services to a variety of professions including publishing houses, large or small private companies, marketing and translation agencies. Accuracy in your printed material (both on-screen and on paper) is an essential part of the overall image you portray to your readers.
The material varies greatly (books, company websites, marketing literature, internal company reports, standards and even a corpus) but the desired result remains the same: error-free work in the style and tone appropriate to the readership. I have provided proofreading services for a number of different organisations such as :
- BSI Group (British Standards)
- Cambridge University Press
- Haulfryn Holiday Homes
- Christian Focus Publications
- Hodder & Stoughton
Proofreading is more than simply a grammar and spelling check. Depending on the type of document to be corrected, the work may involve some or all of the following:
- ensuring consistency of spelling, style and tone
- checking cross-references to chapters, figures, tables, footnotes, etc.
- ensuring references are given in the appropriate format
- pointing out obvious errors in the content
- verifying that all website links are functioning correctly
- suggesting modifications to the layout to aid understanding
- checking editors’ corrections have been applied correctly
- and of course, checking grammar, spelling and punctuation.
The work can be carried out to suit your needs, whether that be onscreen using Track Changes in MS Word or mark-up tools in a .pdf document, or of course, on paper making changes using the BSI symbols (BS 5261C: 2005).
“Stacey provides an excellent proofreading service – you rarely get accuracy with speed, but Stacey delivered both and at great value rates. In addition, she does more than find typos but looked at our grammar, syntax and consistency of tone and language. I would thoroughly recommend her.” Nick Pilgrim, Marketing Director, Haulfryn Holiday Homes